Hello! Can I tell you you're FAT?






Source: fullfitsure.com



So I have added weight, I know but I wonder if people don’t think I have a mirror in my house and can see if I have added some kilograms or not. Now some people have said it in passing and genuinely do not mean to hurt and  I don’t mind that; it’s a statement and some even like the weight I have gained. However, there are some that have little devils swing a pendulumic(my word, you get the idea) hammer that tells them to just blot out that you're fat in the most annoying way. e.g, "you're fat woh"

Yes it’s true. I have gained some weight which is one of the things I want to tackle this year. Unless the scales were broken 9maybe they were) I have gained about 7 kilograms. I used to hover between a 55 and 58 but last time I checked, I weighed 65 pounds which I tell you isn’t funny when you don’t have money to buy new clothes. So my fitted clothes are no longer fitted but are TIGHT!

Ok,ok, I have put plans in motion to tackle this especially as my intended (lol, more on him later) got me some sportswear. A pretty pair of joggers and a nice shirt to go with it (although I think I may “kolobi” it for other uses; it’s so pretty)

Anyway, my issue is when people decide today on their list of things to do and accomplish, they must tell me that I have added weight.  Most times, it isn’t even my friends that say so but other people and it’s not funny at all. At first I can get along with the people in question but when they keep harping on it, it becomes irritating.

When I was younger than I presently am, I had an uncle who kept saying I was fat (To be honest sha o, I was! I had no neck and because I am down to earth, I looked like a stomp). I started to work out but nothing was working. I just kept getting fatter. One day, my eldest sister threatened to use the kerosene or fuel in the house to set him ablaze if he kept haunting me with my physical status. He stopped immediately( I wonder how come he was so afraid of her seeing that she was just in her early twenties and he was in his mid thirties... thinking.) I think this is why I don’t like to call people fat especially those that are struggling with weight issues in connection with their self esteem.

I lost it and my weight has always fluctuated. For some reason, my body has the ability to shed and put back on although now I’m getting older, it may not be so easy.

But my point however, is that people just have to say something. Do they just say it to fill in the blanks or to show they are familiar or because they are just insensitive people who think they are blunt and candid? Like a dude I asked a while back who said, he was just a choleric person who had to say what was on his mind when he felt like saying it. Really? Oh well, I’m a sanguine person who always just has to be angry!

I was upset with my Intended sometime back. I think I was upset with him about something and he was upset as well but I always had to have the last word.  Lol. I thought I had won the round until I walked him outside and he told me I was adding weight; he couldn’t understand and I had to work on it. And with that, he zoomed off.

Hian! I died and rose up again. It was amazing though that I didn’t call him at once to rake. I just waited until he called me that night, told him how I felt and he apologised (But you had made your point, abi?). Recently, he came by and I told him I had added weight and he was like yes, but we could work on it and he was going to work out with me whenever he is around.

Today, a friend of mine came to my office to see me and at once, told me I looked pregnant. I told him that was good, because pregnant people glow and he was like, no, my cheeks were puffed up (demonstrating by pulling his cheeks). The way I told him off, he was shocked. Why? Because he was the first guy to see me in the morning and all he could say was throw negative words into my morning and day.

See, words are powerful. What you say to a person with weight issues has the ability to take up residence in a person’s mind and grow there feeding that person rubbish on  her self esteem and serving as a foundation for her inferiority complex. So the next time you see a person and you want to talk about her weight, be slow to speak and ask yourself if what you are going to say is constructive or destructive.



GBAM!!!



Comments

  1. How about being told u are lean which is all i happen to hear these days. Plus which weight issues do u have biko? Who made the rule which states that once u have passed a certain number on a scale you are fat? We can't all be carrots now can we? Some have to be mangoes if u catch my drift. Plus the next time someone tells u you're fat, tell him he has brown teeth. That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!!! Olivia o! Thank you! I can't wait to start telling some people they have brown teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment