A Letter from MI





Oliviaoyibophotography

Hello Bubu,

It’s been years since I last wrote a "love" letter; I think since my secondary school days except for the poems I wrote during my university days. I believe if someone truly means something to you, you should tell him or her as often as you can. Let this person realize the value he or she has in your life and how much you appreciate your relationship.

The intent of this letter is to let you, Achenyo aka Bubu of life, know how much you mean to me.

You have been there through it all: the last-minute drafts I had to make, the movies, the football games, my craziness.

Having someone day-in and day-out to support you and listen to you is one of life’s most incredible gifts. You truly are my number-one fan.

As my partner, you have what seems to be an infinite number of hats to wear. You’re my best friend, my motivator, my teacher… The list can go on and on.

There have been times when I questioned your actions, but only now do I understand that everything you did to me and for me was out of love. You said yes as often as possible, but weren't afraid to tell me no.

You showed me how to treat others with kindness, compassion and have a good customer relationship. It’s you who I believe has made me into a better man, capable of expressing myself and my emotions, unafraid of being vulnerable, comfortable in my own skin and able to fully love.

The best thing about having you as my partner  is that I’m still learning from you every single day. I promise to teach our  children the same lessons you have provided me and to show them that love is a word that can have a million definitions and feelings.

I know I haven’t been the best man in the world. I've upset you; I've given you headaches.

You have always been proud of my accomplishments and accepting of my failures. You have always believed in me, even when there were times I didn't even believe in myself.

There’s a difference between simply telling someone he or she is capable of anything and truly meaning it. You are my supporter and my rock. You’re the first person I’ll go to with good news to celebrate, and the first person I’ll go to when times are difficult and need reassurance.

You are more than I could have asked for in a partner. You are (and always will be) the caped caregiver and superhero of my life.

Sincerely, with endless love from your number-one fan,


Feddi of Life

Oliviaoyibophotography

























PS: The meaning of Bubu according to the Urban Dictionary as a slang word used in Northeast for the hottest,most beautiful woman. A bubu babe is the "dopest" woman out there;she tops them all (not my words). Another meaning of Bubu is "Joy" and the Egyptian meaning of the word is "Gives Light". I'm all three. Lol!

PSS:  Sometimes it's good to remind yourself especially when you're going through challenges that the Man's always there. Just wanted to share this letter MI sent to me on 25th February, 2015. I still want the old fashioned handwritten letter, old school babe that I am, but I am grateful he thought to put this down and send to me. 

Celebrate your loved ones and those who have contributed positively or invested in you. There, you can never go wrong!

Happy April!


Comments

  1. Aww! Now I have to dig up all our handwritten letters from over the years! And maybe write a few today...okay, maybe not today but this April! #bindprocrastination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh! That's so romantic; I sure would love to be privy to some of these letters,-maybe it'll help other readers rekindle or birth a love for expressing one's self to loved ones ;) I help bind that spirit of procrastination! Lol! Thank you for reading!

      Delete
    2. Awwh! That's so romantic; I sure would love to be privy to some of these letters,-maybe it'll help other readers rekindle or birth a love for expressing one's self to loved ones ;) I help bind that spirit of procrastination! Lol! Thank you for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment