Is "HAPPY NEW MONTH" razz?

OK,


Source: http://kendalaquatics.com/


I have a valid question. A very valid question because I am a bit confused. I've been a bit down this week and a few days ago, a big man I know that I do some work for (so you can call him an Oga at the top) called me and we talked about a few things.

I now tell him, "Oh, Sir, Have a great new month" or something in those lines.
Next thing I know, he's like," I hate that Happy New Month thing! I hate it. I don't like it! I hate it when you or people say that;I completely hate it. I don't like it; I just hate it; I completely entirely, totally hate it"


Ah ah! Ok...I think I went a tad too far in the number of times he said he hated it but you get the picture of how it went on and on and on in my delicate ears.

So I repeat, Ah ah!


I was in shock with the viciousness of his words. He just downloaded it on me in torrents. I staggered at the onslaught of his words. "I expected more from you. That Happy New Month, Happy December are for razz people. I mean I know you can be razz but you need to step up".

Ha! I was in shock o, to tell you the truth. After he went on for a while(the thing obviously gets to him), he asks me have I heard and am I OK?

I say yes, that I just heard and knew today that I'm razz. So I am razz, eh?

He now says, everybody has a bit of "razzness" in them even him but those sayings are a bit lowlife.

So my question to you now is: Is saying Happy New Month or Happy December, razz?

I have gone online when my strength permitted me to check if people see it as razz instead I'm seeing Best Happy New Month wishes, Happy New Month Readers, Collection of Happy New Month messages etc.

Perhaps saying it may sound local but who defines local? By whose standards is my statement local?

I wonder then maybe the technocrats, aristocrats and billionaires don't say things like that. Perhaps that's why they are so successful. Or is it just a Nigerian thing? People who are abroad, abeg help out!

So if we can say "Happy New Year", why can't I say, "Happy New Month"? Or does that mean I don't need to say "Happy New Year" then?

Is "Have a good week"  razz then? Or "Have a good day"?  What makes that acceptable but "Have a good month" or "happy new month" local?

So I'm willing to hear what you have to say.

Comments

  1. lmao. ok i think d guy was pulling ur legs a bit by calling u "razz"- but yea there are some thins pple say a lot that i dont like...but for the Happy New Month thing, i dont think it's razz sha. i think we Nigerians like to be... should i say grateful for everything? it's a new week and we r like thank God for the new week. First quarter of d yr and we r doing thanksgivin in church..it's just d way we r. so new month, pple have become accustomed to saying Happy New Month lol! i dont say it tho...
    www.folasoasis.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol i am almost sure i know who said this to you, i don't think its razz jor ,i can imagine how you felt,not funny at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think its razz. He probably just hates it and it doesnt have anything to do with you. Its more a problem from him.

    www.cassiedaves.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment