So I have begun Working out…walking

Courtesy: http://nollywoodcommunity.com
This was what I did…yeah, right!

Yes, I have started again.

Walking out.

My colleagues decided to have a "Johnny Walkers" Fitness club sort of thing going (Well, I should say I was part of the people who created it but no, story for another day. They had gone before on Tuesday, just after the Easter and had walked about 9,000 steps.

So today I decided to be a part of it and join them in the walk. At first I jogged and I shouldn't have done that since it has been a while I did anything fitness inclined. But at some point I gave up and just walked. (After all we are supposed to walk, aren't we?)

We walked from the Lekki-Ikoyi roundabout to the Falomo roundabout and back and before we had even gone halfway, my calves began to smart. I think it was sheer will that made me keep walking ( as in, ~I didn't know I could not give up easily until today).

All in all, it was quite an unexpectedly relieving experience.

What I learned today:


  • I am not fit
  • Walking is not beans
  • I am not fit
  • I have will power
  • I need to get my fitness app again
  • I may try again
  • I am not fit
  • I will get there!
So I have picked Kate Henshaw as the Naija lady I want to emulate because She is not eating all these mede-mede ajebo fitness foods yet working out and eating right (our naija food) and staying in shape; I will have the ginger to also try to be like that.

Thanks DP for walking with me through the last half of the way. AY- Betrayer!!! Be showing your jogging skills.

Moreover, Jesus is coming soon; I am not going to use this body over there when we get to heaven, God willing so better to whip it into shape now so I see what it can be like. LOL!

I'll let you know if I do it again!

Laters!

Comments

  1. lol!! you should definitely do it again. Walking is definitely not beans, its exercise. One step at a time and you'll definitely get there.
    I also decided to take my fitness serious this year after eating all the holiday mede-mede. I eased my body into it and honestly it got easier to keep at it only with consistency (i still get lazy sometimes though). Check out the post i did on it, i'm sure u'll find some healthy tips. btw Kate Henshaw rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment